Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock

More
1 year 2 months ago #10067 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock
That is very wierd. Is it relaibly like that? Please check the HV voltage. Is it stable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #10068 by PhillV_76
Replied by PhillV_76 on topic Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock
Ive put it to public, have you been able to view it yet?? Im not at home at the moment but will test HV when i get back

More
1 year 2 months ago #10073 by Ty_Eeberfest
One second into the video, when the display should change from 0 to 1, I am seeing a glow discharge ignite on the edges of the anode grids. This absolutely screams "wiring errors". There is no way a glow could ignite on the grids if they were connected up correctly.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
1 year 1 month ago #10137 by PhillV_76
Replied by PhillV_76 on topic Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock
All sorted now, typical newbie error, sockets were connected upside down lol, all digits now working correctly, however another issue popped its head, RGB LEDs are showing blue and green correctly, pulsing or changing depending on what i put them as in settings, however RED fails to come on at all, have checked all resistors, they're connected correctly, have also checked continuity between "R" pin and final LED is series, that registered also, would a dead red in one LED stop all from coming on ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

More
1 year 1 month ago #10138 by Ty_Eeberfest
Yeah, wiring the sockets upside down could cause a few problems ;) For starters that would connect the anode voltage to the 5 digit leading to the discharge on the anode screen that I saw in the video, and a bunch of other chaos.

A dead red shouldn't be able to prevent the other red LEDs from lighting. Even if it failed dead short the resistors should keep it from dragging the voltage to the other red LEDs completely down. Just look at the schematic and follow the signal back until you find the fault. It centers around Q5: Q5 gate ->Controller Pin 12, Q5 source -> ground, Q5 drain -> your LED resistors.

Quick and dirty: with the controller removed form its socket & power on, jump ground to Q5 drain. Do the reds light up? No: the problem is in your wiring or you forgot to solder Pin 1 of the 4-pin connector. Yes: jump +5 vcc to the gate of Q5. Do the reds light up? No: Q5 is bad or badly soldered. Yes: Q5 gate is somehow not connected to Controller Pin 12, or the controller has a dead output.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com