Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock

More
1 year 2 months ago #10048 by PhillV_76
Hi everyone, newbie here, i have the rev4 6 digit board, ive attached att tubes with fly leads, also all LEDs, i have a very strange issue, on start up all tubes start to count 0-9, however they miss out 5 + 6, also 3 tubes flicker on number 3, ive checked all connections are firm and soldered, im wondering if there could be an issue with the tubes or the KI55D1 chip, thanks in advance for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #10049 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock
A K155 wouldn't usually fail like that, so I would put that to the back of the list for checking.

First thing to try: get the LDR hooked up and shine a bright light on it. It could be that the tubes are just a bit old, and we can get around this with "MinDim" and the voltage setting.

More
1 year 2 months ago #10050 by PhillV_76
Replied by PhillV_76 on topic Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock
Hi, thanks for the reply, LDR is connected, have shone torch onto the sensor, still same issue

More
1 year 2 months ago #10052 by Phil_Mod3
Replied by Phil_Mod3 on topic Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock
Could you connect the 5+6 cathode leads to the output of another digit (e.g. 1+2)? Although it is improbable that all tubes have defective 5+6.
Are you really, really shure that there is no problem with connections of the K155 to the socket, of socket to the pcb, of connector SV5 to the PCB and of leads to PIN for digits 5+6 of the socket (you could measure resistance between the respective pin of the K155 and the cathode of the tubes, should be at maximums a few Ohms).

More
1 year 2 months ago #10053 by PhillV_76
Replied by PhillV_76 on topic Rev4 6digit IN-12 clock
I'll take a look in the morning, will see what happens, thanks for the reply :)

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #10054 by Ty_Eeberfest
Posting mainly to get subscribed to the thread. IAN! The moderator emails appear to be broken again.

I can only reiterate what others have said: these types of display problems are almost always solved by thorough inspection and repair of the wiring to the tubes or perhaps the soldering of the K155 pins.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com