Wifi yet again

More
1 year 2 months ago #9846 by Peanut13
Wifi yet again was created by Peanut13
Hi sorted all the classic updates started on modular revision 3 2017 downloaded firmware ending 55a4 fired up the clock guess what WiFi doesn't work please can anyone help as I have another three to update

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #9847 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Wifi yet again
At the risk of asking the obvious, did you re-flash the ESP when you re-flashed the clock?

Other than that I don't know. Hopefully Ian can help.

I see that the repo has a note saying the latest version is for Rev. 3.01 clocks only. Unfortunately I have no idea what a 3.01 clock it! First I heard of it. No idea what he changed. And apparently I can't test the newest firmware here because my clock is a Rev. 3 not 3.01.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
1 year 2 months ago #9848 by Peanut13
Replied by Peanut13 on topic Wifi yet again
I think that's it my clock is rev3 do you have a link to the old firmware please this will be the last clock I volunteer to update I will just give my customer a link and let them update themselves

More
1 year 2 months ago #9849 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Wifi yet again
You can try this:

bitbucket.org/isparkes/nixiefirmwarev2/get/v355.zip

It's the newest thing that I'm confident will run on a Rev. 3 I don't know what's different about a Rev 3.01 but hopefully Ian will explain it to us.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peanut13

More
1 year 2 months ago #9851 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Wifi yet again
That's a good point: I have to do a version with the differences between Rev3 and Rev3.01 taken out. I will do the code differences as a #define.

Right now I am releasing only for the Rev6 and Rev3.01 (which are identical) and have forgotten to also do a build for the Rev3 for upgraders. I had blinkers on only for new clocks, and forgot about supporting Rev3. It shall be corrected.

The changes boil down to the fact that the ledPin_a_1 and pirPin were swapped, in order to allow any voltage of PIR detector output to be handled (by using analogue read instead of a digital read,

// anode pins
#define ledPin_a_1 A3 // high - Hours tens // package pin 26 // PC3

// PIR input
#define pirPin 7 // package pin 13 // PD7

There is a knock-on effect that the "digitOn" and " digitOff" get changed as well: They need changing to:
// ************************************************************
// Set a digit with the given value and turn the HVGen on
// Assumes that all digits have previously been turned off
// by a call to "digitOff"
void digitOn(int digit, int value) {
  switch (digit) {
    case 0: PORTC = PORTC | B00001000; break; // PC3 - equivalent to digitalWrite(ledPin_a_1,HIGH);
    case 1: PORTD = PORTD | B00010000; break; // PD4 - equivalent to digitalWrite(ledPin_a_2,HIGH);
    case 2: PORTD = PORTD | B00001000; break; // PD3 - equivalent to digitalWrite(ledPin_a_3,HIGH);
    case 3: PORTD = PORTD | B00000100; break; // PD2 - equivalent to digitalWrite(ledPin_a_4,HIGH);
    case 4: PORTD = PORTD | B00000010; break; // PD1 - equivalent to digitalWrite(ledPin_a_5,HIGH);
    case 5: PORTD = PORTD | B00000001; break; // PD0 - equivalent to digitalWrite(ledPin_a_6,HIGH);
  }
  SetSN74141Chip(value);
  TCCR1A = tccrOn;
}

// Finish displaying a digit and turn the HVGen off
void digitOff() {
  TCCR1A = tccrOff;
  //digitalWrite(anodePins[digit], LOW);

// turn all digits off - equivalent to digitalWrite(ledPin_a_n,LOW); (n=1,2,3,4,5,6) but much faster
  PORTC = PORTC & B11110111;
  PORTD = PORTD & B11100000;
}

We used to have to manage two ports, with the new code we only have to manage PORTC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ty_Eeberfest, Peanut13

More
1 year 2 months ago #9852 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Wifi yet again
OK, I just posted an update to the head of the repo: You should be able to set the define on line 37 and It should work. I'm out and about at the moment, so I have not been able to test it, but the code that is there is my best guess as to how it should be.

You need to set the #define to REV3, and then it might solve it for you.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com