Classic Rev. 6 built, some questions

More
1 year 3 months ago #9803 by Ty_Eeberfest
Also, it is possible that any wires or other metal objects that are close to the sensor may interfere. I say "may" because I don't know of any detailed testing having been done witgh these rather new sensors. But consider what the sensor does: it puts out bursts of RF energy and looks for "echos" to come back. It seems reasonable that anything that can absorb, reflect or otherwise divert RF energy is likely to interfere.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9804 by Ian
The RCWL-0516 does not traverse between 0V and 5V IIRC. I think it goes between 0V and 3V3. One of the changes on the Rev6 was to use an analogue pin for the PIR input. It's used in digital mode at the moment, but if we get real problems it could be changed to analogue mode to detect the 3V3 as opposedto 5V.

Right now, the 3V3 "high" value appears to work fine with the 5V input.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9806 by Ty_Eeberfest
Okay yes, Ian is right. I just put a meter on mine and the actual readings were 3.4V when motion is sensed and 0V when motion is NOT sensed. I was thinking the RCWL-0516 was only an active low output and the signal would float up to 5V (thanks to pull-up being on by default on the PIR input pin) but what actually seems to be happening is that the RCWL drives the signal to its idea of high (3.4v) as well as pulling it low. Sorry for the misinformation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9818 by Ian
If you turn off the pullup (there's an option for that), it should work anyway with the 3V3 value.

All my clocks are running like that, without problems,

More
1 year 3 months ago #9821 by Ty_Eeberfest
Works fine (so far) with the pullup enabled too. I never disabled pullup on mine but I think I will now!

More
1 year 3 months ago #9829 by stefan
Having mounted the Radar-Module on 10cm of wire, it seems to have regained its sensitivity. Very good! Sadly, my idea for mounting the sensor on the tubes-board won't work now. :unsure:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com