WiFi time provider with NTP support.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9656 by Ian
Sure: no hurry, and I'm not in a position to dig into it at the moment: there are just too many building sites open and I need to get some of them closed off before I start on new things.

I have three new designs ready, and not the time to write the documentation. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can put some time into it.

I'm involved in a "first in the world" project at work, and that is literally eating my life just now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9659 by Stackerlee
Much appreciated!
It seems to work fine with the ESP8266 stand alone, but as soon as I connect it to a clock it can only get the "Timeserver" time source (not NTP).
I guess this could be because of a firmware mismatch, I'm running the classic build (F/W 55, NixieFirmwareV1) so the "Configure clock settings" doesn't work either.
This seems to be done for later versions?
Thanks!

More
1 year 3 months ago #9661 by MikeS
It's based off v355 of the "NixieFirmwareV2" , and I use it with a Classic Rev6 running v355 there, too. It looks like the WiFi time provider code for your "NixieFirmwareV1" clock is completely different.

Although that may prevent it from actually talking to the clock correctly, I'm not sure that should prevent it from showing NTP as the time provider, as long as it connects to WiFi and can reach the configured NTP server. And it sounds like it's doing that when "standalone." (sitting in a programmer?)

More
1 year 3 months ago #9663 by Stackerlee
Sorry, I forgot to "factory reset" the clock.
It works fine now apart from "Configure clock settings" which doesn't match my firmware.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9665 by MikeS
Looking at the differences between V1 and V2 code, there are significant changes to the clock configuration protocol, so I wouldn't expect the clock setting stuff to work with a V1 clock. The time updates look the same, so it looks like that should work and give you NTP sync.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #9667 by MikeS
OK, @Stackerlee, give this one a try . I added in support for the latest V1 clocks, but have no way to test.

Look at the top of the clock configuration page, if it says "Using I2C protocol: NixieFirmwareV1, i2c v54", I think it will work.

Edit: if you still have my previous firmware installed, you should be able to do an OTA upgrade. Click on the "Upgrade firmware" tab, log in (admin/update), then point to the WifiTimeProviderESP8266.ino.generic.bin file which was included in the .zip.

Edit2: I left out one thing, and just uploaded a new file to fix it. 17:49 UTC Feb 3.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by MikeS. Reason: link to current version

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com