WiFi time provider with NTP support.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10132 by Stackerlee
Yes, of course! It all makes sense.
I somehow forgot about the polling interval.
Having a +/- 2 ppm DS3231 in parallel with with the ESP, the drift within the polling interval is negligible.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #12012 by Stackerlee
Been using the software version "56" and the WiFi module software "v355mjs.C" (modified by MikeS) for a long time and it's been working fine.
I saw there was a new firmware for the clock, "57" and "vx58c" for the WiFi module so I updated both.
All works fine (setting up WiFi, clock settings, NTP-settings) until i reboot (cut the power).
After a power loss the WiFi module can't connect to router and won't set up an AP.
The clock resets to 12:xx and goes into a loop which resets about every 30 seconds or so.
I've tried hard reset, different modules, different computers to compile with, it's the same results.
I have an DS3231 in parallell with the Wifi module and this can't be found either after a reboot.

After flashing MikeS's "v355mjs.C" back again it all works fine (with the updated v. 57 in the clock).

So, are v. 57 and vx58c really the right combination for this build (Classic Rev. 4a)?

Found here:
bitbucket.org/isparkes/nixiefirmwarev1/src/master/

Thanks!

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #12013 by Ian
Version 356 for the clock is the current version. A new version is in preparation, but is not yet released.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #12014 by Stackerlee
Ok, will try that then.
It's not all that easy to find the right firmware.
In the readme file in NixieFirmwareVersion1 it says:

"This is the main code for an Arduino based Nixie clock, intended for the following clocks: - Classic Rev4 - Classic Rev5 - All In One IN-14 - Arduino All In On Shield.
It is not suitable for clocks with NeoPixels! For those you shoud be using NixieClockFirmwareV2"

Which led me to belive that's (V1 - "57") the right version for Classic Rev. 4 without NeoPixels.

In readme for NixieClockFirmvareV2 (356?) it says:

"Version 356 converges the code bases for Classic Rev6 and Modular Rev 3.01. "

Which I interpret as not being suitable for Classic Rev. 4.

Since clock v. 57 and WiFi v. vx58c are in the same folder it's easy to belive they are compatible.

But it you say it's the right one I will try it.

Thanks!

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #12015 by Ian
So what I TRY and do is keep a reference of the right versions on the manuals page:https://www.nixieclock.biz/Manuals.htmlwhere I try to say "for this clock, the current firmware is", like this:

The Git "Head" is the latest development release, and is more of a sort of sandbox for new ideas. To get tested and released code, you need to use the "tags" in the repostory.
Attachments:

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #12016 by Stackerlee
Ok, thanks!
That wasn't clear to me.

So, for Classic Rev. 4 that would mean clock v. 56 and WiFi v. vx58c, which are inside the V. 1 folder?

Attachments:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com