Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes

More
1 year 6 months ago #9332 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes
well, with the firmware V1, we have two free GPIO pins, and one of these is for a PIR, so in reality it does not matter very much if you make it from the basis of V1 or V2 firmware. In the next few days I intend to also put the PIR code into the V1 4 digit, and that will work with all clock versions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #9338 by lays
Replied by lays on topic Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes
ahhh i see, you've got 2 free pins, due to the 4 tubes instead of 6, clever. then maybe the all in one version with 4 tubes and pir is the way to go, no need for me to rewrite the code :)

More
1 year 6 months ago #9340 by Ian
Davy Smits from Oss, you need to stop selling my designs for your own profit.

Here is a copy of my Modular Rev3

www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrije-tijd...0c1b&previousPage=lr

You used to also sell the All In One, I know because I have a customer of yours asking questions to me. Here is a picture of the badly laid out board you ripped off and started selling:

I hope you are ashamed. Open source does not mean that you are just able to take and use. It is people like you who cause the people like me to close the code.
Attachments:

More
1 year 6 months ago #9341 by lays
Replied by lays on topic Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes
Hi Ian, sorry you feel this way, and posting someone's name on the internet before contacting but the all in one pcb was designed by a colleague of mine, I ordered a couple and sold them non profit to my colleagues. I had a couple left and sold them. Same goes for the modular. I looked up the definition open source and fork and came up with:

Free and open-source software is that which, by definition, may be forked from the original development team without prior permission

Hardware is different from yours, as is the code

More
1 year 6 months ago #9342 by Ian
If you were interested you would have found that the license is CC-BY-NC, that means that you are not allowed to take it for commercial purposes. I'm not going to get involved in arguing about what open source means.

I'm also not going to get involved with discussing with you if the hardware or software is different. It's close enough that I can help your customer without any detailed information.

You are also required by the license to publish your source code, so please do that, so we can all judge how derivative your code is.

You have just admitted responsibiltiy for what has happened. How or why it happened is irrelevant. Relevant is only the fact that you did it, and have admitted responsibility for it.

More
1 year 6 months ago #9343 by Ian
Just also as a note: You didn't just do it once or twice, you sold the rip off modular rev 3 at least 28 times, so don't give me all that "it was just some leftover boards".

You know what you did, you know it's illegal, and you know it's immoral.

If you don't take down the counterfeit board from here:

www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrije-tijd...40d2&previousPage=lr

you will be hearing from some lawyers, who I am sure can tell you what open source means.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com