Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9326 by lays
Is there a reason beside the neo pixels start at the seconds, that there is no rev2 clock for 4 tubes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9327 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes
The only reason is that the Rev2 has PCB space for 6 tubes, and it is quite ugly to leave 1/3 of the board unpopulated.

I just put some PCBs for a new 4 digit IN-12 clock which runs on NeoPixels and a Wemos D1 today. I expect to be able to market this in a couple of weeks. I don't know if this is interesting for you.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9328 by lays
Replied by lays on topic Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes
Hi ian, i agree that leaving that part empty kills the look, if there is no other reason then I will draw the schematics myself for a 4 tube modular clock, if you want I can share the design.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9329 by Ian
The 4 digit Firmware V1 code should already work with it if you want to go this way. Normally I'd like to help you with it, but I've got a load of new releases coming up, so I don't really have much time to help at the moment.

I would appreciate it if you could not start selling it: I'm a bit sensitive to this, because I had the first support request today for a ripped off board, and it's a real mess. Someone has taken the schematic and just stolen it without understanding it, I'm going to have to start asking people for pictures of their boards before I give support, and that just sucks. The worst bit is that the rip-off layout is really, really bad.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9330 by lays
Replied by lays on topic Rev 2 nixie clock with 4 tubes
I understand and won't feel offended ;)
But I like the v2 more due to the pir sensor option

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #9331 by Ian
well, with the firmware V1, we have two free GPIO pins, and one of these is for a PIR, so in reality it does not matter very much if you make it from the basis of V1 or V2 firmware. In the next few days I intend to also put the PIR code into the V1 4 digit, and that will work with all clock versions.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com