Classic rev 5 with WiFi - been perfect for months - now losing time

More
1 year 4 months ago #9514 by Ty_Eeberfest
Definitely lots of settings for the ESP. Which brings me to my single biggest complaint about Arduino IDE: it does not save those settings per program. Case in point, I went to look at my settings before answering your post. I'd been working on STM32s (for my Christmas lights) last time I used the IDE. So I open up the clock WiFi program and everything is still set for STM32. Which means having to remember or write down all the damn settings for ESP when I have been doing STM32 - and vice versa. Grrrrr.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #9516 by scalesr1
Following the re-programming - time has been spot on though I just noticed this when looking at the summary on the clock web page:
Time according to server: ERROR: -1 (connection refused)
Timeserver URL is set to: time-zone-server.scapp.io/getTime/Europe/London
It did sync time initially, is this a transient thing or indicative of something more sinister?

More
1 year 4 months ago #9518 by BS_Jim
It seems to be a transient thing. When you first posted, I got no response from the timeserver in my browser. Now it responds fine.

Jim

More
1 year 4 months ago #9526 by scalesr1
I just checked in my browser - It still said 'connection refused' so I re-set the time server URL and now it has picked up the time OK.

The clock is still in night time mode and not set to wake up for another hour.

I shall monitor it!

Richard

More
1 year 4 months ago #9527 by Ian
SPIFFS is a sort of "flash disk" protocol, we don't use it. It's OK either way. On the new models that are coming out later this month with a WEMOS controller, it will be relevant (instead of using EEPROM to store configuration, I'll be using SPIFFS).

QIO and DIO ("Quad" data I/O" and "Dual Data I/O", I believe) are the data transfer mode between the flash and the controller. It's also not really that important - if it is wrong, the flashing process will fail and you'll stop and fiddle with it. :)

More
1 year 4 months ago #9529 by Ian
Just a note: There are other timeservers out there, and you can also run your own. The code is available as JavaScript at https://github.com/isparkes/time-zone-server or PHP https://github.com/judge2005/timeserver and there's really nothing that wild about it.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com