what did i break

More
1 year 8 months ago #9250 by BS_Jim
Replied by BS_Jim on topic what did i break
Hi Ionut,

Just a thought. Have you tried pressing the button when the tubes go out? I remember mine doing that once or twice and pressing the button lit them up.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #9254 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic what did i break

Ionut wrote: i will check again your sugestion but i also attach a link with a video where you can see how it runs.
thank you :-D

we.tl/t-FuHZziCGNc

Thank you for that very complete and thorough video!

It looks like the clock is never finishing the HV Calibration and so it never gets out of First Start mode. I think. I need to check a few things when I get home in a few hours.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
1 year 8 months ago #9255 by Ty_Eeberfest
Okay... this is gonna sound really stupid... but just humor me on this... Have you tried a different external power supply?

More
1 year 8 months ago #9262 by Ionut
Replied by Ionut on topic what did i break
I tried pressing the button when showing different digits, i tried the power supply from my clock, 7.5 V and more than 500 mA and nothing, the same story. I already got out the parts from the PCB and i will reconstruct it again, it should be easy, the tubes are already wired, so i need to remake just the PCB...hope that the micro controller is good...
Thank you all for the help! I will be back with details :-D

More
1 year 8 months ago #9263 by Ty_Eeberfest
Do what you think is right, BUT... I see several things in that video that make me think your power supply is not sufficient. 1) On power up the tubes come on "lazy", slowly and not all at the same moment. 2) The numbers displayed during HV calibration tell me that the target voltage has not been reached.

If you haven't already torn it all apart, just try a 12V 300+mA power supply. I mean, what can it hurt?

More
1 year 8 months ago #9266 by Ionut
Replied by Ionut on topic what did i break
the power adapter in cause is a regulated one, supply 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 V - 500 mA, i presume the current differs in relation to voltage selection. my clock is powered also by a selectable voltage power adapter but says max 1.2 Ah...and being afraid to not burn the second clock i found that power adapter in Lidl, seems good quality..
anyway, i am curious, i will try the weak one on my clock to see if it works.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com