Adding an alarm (buzzer) to the kit

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #8705 by fotr3bor
Hey, I just finished building the clock board and it's working beautifully! Unfortunately the Nano arrives on Tuesday.

I was playing a bit with the ESP-based web interface, and I noticed two things:
- there's a "PIR timeout" setting which is not mentioned anywhere in the current source code of the ESP module (maybe Ian flashed an yet-to-be-released version on my ESP?). It is also quite buggy, as the value keeps resetting to "65535" even though the max value is 3600.
- I noticed that setting clock options does not work every time, and I still have not determined what is the factor that causes that. For example, if I change a setting and click "set", nothing happens, and if I wait and then do it again (or just keep doing) eventually it works. Why is that?

Thanks!

EDIT: I found the code referring to newer options not existing in the GitHub repo in the BitBucket repo, which AFAIK refers to the modular edition of the clock. Maybe Ian hasn't updated the code for all the other versions on GitHub yet?
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by fotr3bor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #8706 by BS_Jim
You said earlier in the thread that you had the All-In-One version of the kit. The ESP code you have is for the Modular version. They are not the same. The AIO version doesn't have any provision for a PIR (Passive Infra Red) module and it also has different LEDs. You need to get your ESP and Clock code from the same repository -
github.com/isparkes/ArdunixNix6

Jim
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by BS_Jim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ty_Eeberfest

More
2 years 2 months ago #8707 by fotr3bor
Hi,

indeed! But actually I didn't flash anything, I'm just using the stock firmware that came with the board (which appears to be incorrect).
Should I flash the ATmega/ESP manually with the firwmare from github?

More
2 years 2 months ago #8708 by BS_Jim
I would. Just to be safe I would flash both devices with the current firmware on github given your situation.

Jim

More
2 years 2 months ago #8709 by Ty_Eeberfest
I agree with Jim - flash them both if possible. I'm guessing flashing the ESP is what's actually needed but flashing everything eliminates the chance of creating new issues buy creating any version (rev. level) conflicts. Since your config web pages are talking about a PIR device, the ESP code is definitely not right - only Modular has PIR.support so you must have somehow been sent an ESP flashed for Modular use.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 years 2 months ago #8710 by Ty_Eeberfest
Oh by the way... I learned the hard way that the Atmega needs to be in a device with a crystal present to re-flash it. The fuse bits are flashed by Ian in a way that tells the chip to use the crystal for its CPU clock. Perfectly reasonable but not what I was used to. So my makeshift chip flashing contraption was unable to flash the chip that cones with the kit. The solution is simple - put your chip in an Uno (or similar) and flash it that way. It has the Arduino bootloader on it so it "just works" in an Uno.

If I'm stating the obvious here, I apologize, but you did say you're not a hardware guy ;-)

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com