wifi time module - could not configure clock with browser

More
1 year 4 months ago #9551 by Phil_Mod3
Thank you Ty.
I decided to play with the ESP01 that I already had here and managed to get it flashed using the Arduino Uno as "programmer". Now that both, clock and ESP, have the same version everything is fine.
(however, my ESP01 does not blink the blue LED and doesnt even have a red one, think they changed the design?!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #9552 by Ty_Eeberfest
Phil, there are numerous companies making things they call "ESP01". The original / official ESP01 design gets treated more as a suggestion than as a standard so now there are all sorts of minor variants that look almost alike, are called alike, but aren't actually 100% alike. Fortunately they are usually close enough to work.

In my rather limited experience I have run into:

1) ESP01s that match the available online documentation exactly.

2) ESP01s with various different LED colors and functions.

3) ESP01s with the supposed EXT_RSTB pin on the header actually connected to other things - usually GPIO16.

4) ESP01s with the header pin numbering (the silkscreened numbers, not the actual pin functions) running left-to-right instead of right-to-left, odd at the edge instead of even at the edge, etc.

Of course almost all the online sellers use the same ripped photo instead of a photo of their actual product so you get a surprise when you open the package.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Ty_Eeberfest. Reason: "online" not "inline" (Whats an inline seller? lol)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil_Mod3

More
1 year 4 months ago #9565 by Ian
Indeed Git has a full history of everything. The things to look for are the "protocol version" and "data length" items in the I2C deinitions.

More
1 year 4 months ago #9607 by Karel
ok , I am a dumbass , I was using a wemos d1 mini and left the wire.begin on 0 and 2 and used D4 and D5 as outputs on the wemos . The wemos only accepts the sda and scl on D1 and D2 so I only had to change the wire.begin to 4 and 5. Still find it weird that it gets the time right .

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com