Fading or blinking separators

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #7491 by Popehappycat
Loving my kit. I have a couple questions, though. I didn't know there was an option for neon colon separators. Are these avaliable from you or do I need to source my own?

And on the subject of the separators, mine kind of do a fade-in/fade-out thing at roughly 2 second intervals, can that be changed to a solid on/off alternating every second?

Lastly, I don't think my optoresistor is functioning. Enabling dimming just seems to dim the LEDs and they stay dim regardless of ambient light. I noticed the diagram in the instructions has the connections labeled, though the components are switched. I connected to the pins on the board according to its labeling and I'm assuming those are correct. I'm not really worried about this working or not, was just wondering if I did something wrong.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #7492 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Never heard back from support.
Hi,

the neons are totally standard, and you can use your own if you have them. They are also available, but the postage makes them expensive.

The separators fade in for 1 second and then fade back out again, as you say. It's a code change to make them do something else, but it's easy.

In the file

https://github.com/isparkes/ArdunixNix6/blob/master/ardunixFade9_6_digit/ardunixFade9_6_digit.ino

you need to change line 1065 from
analogWrite(tickLed,getLEDAdjusted(255,pwmFactor,dimFactor));

to something like this:
digitalWrite(tickLed,upOrDown);

There is an easy way to see if the LDR is working. In normal time mode press the button three times (short presses), and this will show you the current value that is being read. At full dim it will read "01:00:xx" and at full brightness, it will read "09:99:xx".

It should change rapidly if you change light conditions.

It should be connected from the GND to the LDR pins of the header.

More
3 years 3 months ago #7493 by Popehappycat
Well, I'm planning on purchasing another kit from you, so maybe you can sell me some of those nifty neons along with it. :-D

More
3 years 3 months ago #7496 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Never heard back from support.
Of course, please just remember to add a note to the purchase. A lot goes over the desk in a normal day, so I'll probably not put 2 and 2 together without a note to add an extra set of neons... ;)

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com