4 tube clock???

More
3 years 4 months ago #7416 by NizzyAmps
4 tube clock??? was created by NizzyAmps
I was wondering of you can use 4 tubes instead of 6 in the Classic Nixie Clock board. Is it as simple as just not connecting the seconds tubes? Do you need to remove the seconds from the code?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #7418 by NizzyAmps
Replied by NizzyAmps on topic 4 tube clock???
Well thinking about it again, I think the problem would be setting the clock parameters without the 5th and 6th tubes. So I guess it wouldn't be practical.

More
3 years 4 months ago #7419 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic 4 tube clock???
Unfortunately not quite that simple.

The seconds display is used extensively in the configuration of the clock, and it becomes a bit difficult to know where you are if you cant see the seconds digits.

There's also the problem that the HV generator is controlled currently to only work when the digit is displaying (because in that case the HV is loaded). If we don't load the HV generator for the seconds digits, you'll find that the HV rises during the seconds display and this will cause slightly uneven brightness on the hours digits.

Having said that: If you use a WiFi adapter you can get around the problem with the confguration, and it's a simple code change to only display 4 digits, not 6.

This question comes up again and again, so I am starting to feel that a 4 digit clock firmware is a sensible extension to the range.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NizzyAmps

More
3 years 4 months ago #7420 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic 4 tube clock???
We crossed thoughts in the mail. ;)

More
3 years 4 months ago #7421 by NizzyAmps
Replied by NizzyAmps on topic 4 tube clock???
Thanks for all your help

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com