Music for videos?

• Stuckey
  • Stuckey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Entrepreneur, Nerd, Caffeine addict
More
7 years 10 months ago #585 by Stuckey
I'm looking for a short (10 second) sound clip that I can use for the opening of the TubeClockDB.com videos.

I need to be able to use it legally without a license fee. magnatune.com/ has some stuff but I have no idea where to begin looking.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

"If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you."
www.ineedcaffeine.com
www.facebook.com/brian.stuckey
twitter.com/brianstuckey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #587 by bcoggs
There's also www.pdinfo.com/

• Stuckey
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #590 by Stuckey
I hadn't seen that one before. Thank you!

www.ineedcaffeine.com
twitter.com/brianstuckey

More
7 years 10 months ago #595 by bcoggs
I would go with surf guitar. It evokes the early 60's naievte coincident with the cold-war hey day of the nixies, 60's.

More
7 years 9 months ago #747 by Accutron
I can't believe I missed this thread entirely. Anyway, here's my two cents...

In case our visitors haven't figured it out yet, our Youtube channel is just an excuse for me to force my awesome taste in music upon the nerdly masses. All that electronics stuff going on in the video is just something for you to stare at while you listen to the music. I just use whatever I can get away with...relatively unprotected video game music, free stuff like Metroid Metal and Subatomicglue, a little bit of my own music. I occasionally use copyrighted music, but only of stuff I own the CD for, so I feel morally safe if not necessarily legally safe. There's a couple videos that our visitors will never see because Youtube detected my transgressions and automatically deleted the audio on upload. For a little 10 second intro jingle that was going to be used at the beginning of every video, I'd probably just bang out something in a music sequencer.

Here's the one video of ours which uses music composed by myself...

Talk about a pain in the ass, I wrote that completely from scratch in Playerpro, on a Mac so old that it should've been made out of brass and burl walnut. Every single note had to be manually placed, an embarrassing number of default Quicktime instruments were used, and forget about changing a track's volume at any point within the song. Nowadays you can just push a button in some Garbage Band-type program and you'll have the perfect acid-reggae-grunge-mambo fusion jingle for your video intros.

Surf guitar is unfortunately unsuitable for people whose ears are not fully blocked with seawater :D

Micah Mabelitini
www.decadecounter.com

• Stuckey
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #762 by Stuckey
@accutron - that's nice, I didn't realize that you wrote a lot of that music. I did pick up on your musical preferences is most of the videos on your YouTube channel :)

It's challenging because I'm only looking for a 5~10 second sound bite to use. There are some things I may borrow from my itunes library and I looked through the links that Bob shared but I just can't find that short clip that I need. Oh well, Vimeo allows me to re-upload videos without having to change the embedded files so I can always add it to review after the fact.

This shouldn't be so hard!

www.ineedcaffeine.com
twitter.com/brianstuckey

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com