IN12A/B - IN15A/B Nixie Tube Driver

More
1 year 2 months ago #7928 by doayee
(Kickstarter Link Here) (Imgur Gallery Here)

Hi Guys,

I'm currently kickstarting my Nixie Tube Driver board, which has facility for 6 IN12A/B or IN15A/B nixies. The driver has a high power RGB LED behind each tube and an arduino library which makes displaying numbers or setting up colour fades in the background of your sketch super easy.

I thought this might be the kind of place which would be interested in it.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #7929 by Ty_Eeberfest
Looks like an excellent project to me. I like the fact you have designed it as a universal display device with support for symbol tubes, rather than "just another clock board".

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doayee

More
1 year 1 month ago #7930 by doayee
Cheers! Yeah we tried hard to make sure it wasn't 'yet another clock kit'. There are enough of them around already. And if people want to make a clock we're not stopping them!

More
1 year 1 month ago #7948 by Ian
One thing I never quite understand about Kickstarter: I always assumed that it was for people who needed investment to produce something, but I see more and more finished projects up there, and just used as a "shop window".

The project is pretty open about that, in all fairness. I also like the way it is open source. :)

More
1 year 1 month ago #7953 by doayee
Cheers Ian,

Yeah the reason we went to Kickstarter is because we simply can't afford to order in quantity before guaranteed sales. We don't have the working capital to buy enough boards and components to start selling somewhere like tindie, or ebay/amazon because they need quick shipping times after payment. Otherwise ratings on your store tank!

Kickstarter provides the perfect platform to allow a small enterprise like ours to make use of economies of scale, without which this would be significantly more expensive.

But I agree with you it would be nice to be able to do it in another way.

More
1 year 1 month ago #7956 by Ian
No, I understand, I'm just annoyed because the last Kickstarter I did didn't get funded, so I'm envious... However, I did get a load of sales out of it, so all's well, I suppose... ;)

Just looking over the design, you might be exceeding the current sink possibilities with the 100R resistors on the PGB channels (depending on how you have distributed the driver pins you might be just OK). I'd suggest increasing the value a little or using a buffer FET which can handle 200mA (e.g. 2N7000).

I tried to load the KiCad project, but the HV part was missing. Where did you find it?

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com