• Entrepreneur, Nerd, Caffeine addict
More
6 years 7 months ago #2477 by Stuckey

"If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you."
www.ineedcaffeine.com
www.facebook.com/brian.stuckey
twitter.com/brianstuckey
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #3139 by kay486
Hi there, i wonder how much did these beauties cost you!

More
5 years 7 months ago #3140 by Ty_Eeberfest
I can't answer your question but in case anybody is interested, here is further info...

The Manufacturer:
www.wamcoinc.com/history.aspx
(See 1972)

New Location of Stuckey's Blog Post (with datasheet link)
www.ineedcaffeine.com/content/wamco-kw-105al/

According to Wamco's website these KW Series displays are still in production, although I can't find any pricing or even a catalog listing for them.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
5 years 7 months ago #3141 by Ty_Eeberfest
Correction... here is the catalog:

www.wamcoinc.com/lighting/ProductListing.aspx?CatID=6

I was looking under the wrong Wamco business unit before. For some reason these are sold by Lighting division not by Displays division. :-/ Whatever - the point is they are still selling these things, but no idea what price.

More
5 years 7 months ago #3142 by kay486
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationI was asking because id like to buy some of these nice displays oneday, and they have just shown up on ebay ( ) and i had no idea if that was good or not, either way, they are gone now.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #3143 by Ty_Eeberfest
I talked to Wamco today. These displays can be bought brand new from the factory for US $262.00 each - minimum order is 20 pieces. They also sent me a list of distributors who stock these displays and will sell in smaller quantities. I have not contacted the distributors so I don't know what they are charging.

Yeah... I'd say that 4 for $75 on eBay was a good deal ;-) but they aren't as "rare" and "vintage" as that eBay listing suggests they are.

Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Ty_Eeberfest. Reason: Spelling

More
5 years 7 months ago #3144 by Ty_Eeberfest
Here you go... 51 of them in stock, brand new, in Florida. US $275.00 each. No minimum order.

www.avind.com/search/KW205/KW205AL.html

More
5 years 7 months ago #3145 by kay486
Yea i know they arent as rare, old or wanted as nixies, thats why i wasnt sure about the price, i guess i missed out on this one. I feel that 200 USD per tube is bit overkill. I know that almost all the time i see something i want from some parts distribution site, its overpriced. But still, thanks for the info, im sure that they will show up again eventually.

More
5 years 7 months ago #3146 by Ty_Eeberfest

kay486 wrote: Yea i know they arent as rare, old or wanted as nixies, thats why i wasnt sure about the price, i guess i missed out on this one. I feel that 200 USD per tube is bit overkill. I know that almost all the time i see something i want from some parts distribution site, its overpriced. But still, thanks for the info, im sure that they will show up again eventually.

I would agree, but with the factory charging $262 the distributor is really not bad at $275. I think there are 2 things going on here: 1) any time a part is designated as being "For Aviation" it costs 10 times more than it would otherwise, and 2) though I did not specifically ask them, I think the factory probably has these things on "obsolete - limited production for spares only" status, i.e. they would rather not make / sell them any more but there is still demand for spares.

Regardless... I would not pay full price for them either.

More
5 years 5 months ago #3199 by kay486
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationFound some more:
they dont look as good as the wamco ones though. Maybe someone would be interested in them (i spent too much on tubes recently so im not buying them this time)

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com