I think I like that idea, of a tiny universal clock ... can you describe its features? You mentioned 3x2 multiplexing, could you do a direct drive? (I would guess it would be bigger and more expensive).
I like the idea of having everything on one small board! How would you attach wires to the tube sockets? i.e. just a hole in the board? Maybe some sort of speaker wire screw post?
I'm 80% complete with the board design:
- size 2.5" x 2" x .25" (inches)
- requires 200 -300 mA at 9 - 15 V, 3 pin Molex connector
- 180V at 10 mA generated on the board
- 3x2 multiplexing (2 on at once)
- supports 2 colon sets
Now I'm wondering what I should have for I/O, possible items:
- 2 time/date/option switch inputs
- alarm enable switch
- GPS input
- alarm output (open collector transistor)
- temperature sensor (could be 9700 sensor, cheap and easy to interface)
- ambient light sensor, either on board or off
- any other items?
What kind of connector? Inline 10 pin .100" connector?