5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago#3166by yanzeyuan
Hi Nixie friends,
Here's my new work, IN-14 nixie clock, use HV57708 and special RGB LED driver.
No button on the clock, all operation by IR remote controller.
1. GPS date and time adjustment;
2. gold plating PCB art;
3. acrylic case with laser cut;
4. all function use infared remote control;
5. 12/24H mode;
6. date in configuration MM.DD.YY or YY.MM.DD or DD.MM.YY;
7. cross fading: different modes to fade the digits from one number to the next or to be switched off;
8. two alarms clock, can be enabled or disabled each;
9. Sleep mode, on and off time can be set.
10. input voltage from 12 volts DC.
11. time is batter buffered when no line power is available, battery will last for more than 5 years;
12. user settings are always stored(12/24h mode, alarms, etc...);
13. switchable bottom lighting by RGB LEDs;
14. high accuracy temperature-compensated RTC with 1 minute per year accuracy;
15. temperature test, degree Celsius and Fahrenheit;
Can't tell from the pictures how Yan did it, but I can tell you that I've gotten very good results by using Maxim DS32KHZ in place of conventional crystals. It's a temperature compensated crystal oscillator (crystal and all) in a single SOIC-16 package.