z566m

More
6 years 3 months ago #3054 by john-john
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.
I fall in love with nixie clocks, and I would like to have my own customized clock.
problem I'm a noob in electronics! :S

I did a lot of research on the net, to finaly chose RTF Z566M which are really beautifull and affordable tubes. (by the way if people are interested in those tubes, they are sold at neocrotec website).

The thing is that, at the begining, I wanted to build a nixie with my z566m tubes plugged to this pre-assembled board : nixieclock.co.uk/ (check nixie clock 2)
But finally, I had a reply from the guy telling me that he was no longuer selling those kit, as he has retiered from the business.

So I'm a bit annoyed, as I already have the tubes, and nobody is selling 4-kit-tubes anymore. I found some 6-tubes kit, but for some reason I found them really to big, and I defeniltly prefer the 4 ones.
I am really a newby in that area, and I don't know how to program or weld by myself... I didn't expect it was such complicated to find a pre-assembled kit nowaday.

I'm really diapointed about this, it's hard when you are not hand skilled like me :)
That's why I come toward you to get some advice from as you are much more familiar with nixies than me. ;)

Thank you very much for your answer and your time.
I really hope to find a great solution with youguys.

Sincerely

Jonathan

PS: sorry for my bad english. I¯m a french newby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3055 by kay486
Hi there, i have a z566m clock, but with six digits. I can tell you its definetely worth it, i just love looking at the fast change of the seconds digits, the minutes are just too slow for me :D I got the clock from here ( www.pvelectronics.co.uk/index.php?main_p...th=18&products_id=61 ) if you ask him, he will asseble the clock for you for about 15 GBP.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by kay486.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3056 by john-john
Thank you for the help, but I have already seen this watch.
I don't like it very much, it's not enough vintage to my test. I don't need led and stuff like that.

All I need is a simple nixie like this one : obrazki.elektroda.net/83_1263848491.jpg that's it.

But thanks for the proposal.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by john-john.

More
6 years 3 months ago #3057 by GreyFox
Maybe look at the ArduiNIX? www.arduinix.com/

Let there be neon light!

More
6 years 3 months ago #3058 by john-john
Yes I already know arduino, but I didn't found anykit suitable for z5666m tubes...

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com