Flashing arduino Uno?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #8092 by carlough
Ive been struggling to upload the clock program onto an arduino uno, since i cooked the original arduino chipset (oops).
Ive loaded the libraries manually, but im still getting an error related to the DS3231. Am I missing something? Is the library wrong?Any help would be appreciated!

In file included from C:\Users\SKYNET\Documents\Arduino\sketch_dec04a\sketch_dec04a.ino:21:0:
C:\Users\SKYNET\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS3231/DS3231.h:27:42: fatal error: hardware/avr/HW_AVR_defines.h: No such file or directory
#include "hardware/avr/HW_AVR_defines.h"
^
compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #8095 by Ian
Hi,

that sounds like a fairly fundamental error: I have only heard of this if you:
  • Are loading Arduino code into an Atmel compiler
  • Have the wrong board selected. (It should be "Arduino/Genuino Uno")

Can you let me know of either of these are the case?
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Ian.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #8105 by carlough
Im running it in the arduino IDE, and its an elegoo UNO r3, so it should work fine for the same code as a Arduino/Genuino Uno. Im genuinly unsure whats causing this, maybe the wrong libraries? I can upload and run any of the examples too.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #8106 by Ty_Eeberfest
Just a reminder folks. This is a moderated forum, your posts will not appear immediately if you are fairly new because they are held for review by a moderator. Spammers have made this inconvenience necessary - sorry. After you have made "X" number of legitimate posts the restriction is removed and your posts will appear immediately.

The 2 most active moderators are myself (Western USA) and Ian (Central Europe), so we have the timezones fairly well covered, but still we are not always here. Please be patient and don't double/triple post. Thank you.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #8107 by Ty_Eeberfest
And as for your compilation issue, that error message suggests to me that you are missing a library or, more likely, somewhere a path is set wrong. Keep in mind that "/foo/bar/something.h" is not the same path as "foo/bar/something.h". I've been bitten by that many times...

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #8108 by Ty_Eeberfest
Let me begin by saying that Ian knows far more than I do about this particular subject, so Ian, feel free to correct me! :-)

I found that a fresh download from GitHub of the zipfile clock program package would not compile on my system. Then I copied the folders "ArdunixNix6-master/libraries/DS3231" and "ArdunixNix6-master/libraries/Time" (and all their contents including subfolders, just to be clear) in to "My Documents/Arduino/libraries" (My Documents/Arduino is my sketchbook directory, yours may differ, probably "C:\Users\SKYNET\Documents\Arduino" based on your error messsages). Once I did that everything compiles just fine. I suggest you try this with a fresh .zip download of all the code from GitHub.

I'm wondering if your DS3231 library is somehow corrupted or bogus. Where did you get it? In my copy of DS3231.h there is no mention of "hardware/avr/HW_AVR_defines.h" and I'm not seeing any includes in there that would seem to be looking for it either.

If you are copying and pasting the main source code from web into a blank ,ino file, don't. It might work but it just complicated troubleshooting when your paths, and potentially line numbers, don't agree with "normal". Using the ardunixFade9_6_digit.ino that comes in the zipfile is the best idea.

More
4 months 1 week ago #8109 by carlough
Well, I'll own up to my mistake here. I did not copy the correct keywords.txt file, causing the error. The moment i fixed it, the code compiled, uploaded, and I ran it now problems! This was 100% my mistake, a real rookie error. Thank you guys for helping me out, im very thankful!

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com