LED remain red on power up

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #8018 by chaznatr
I just got the all in 1 IN-14 kit. I love it and have enjoyed putting it together. There have been a few issues I have ran across. The first is when I finished the low power section my LED would not light up.I pulled it and swapped polarity and it still did not light so I used a different LED and it worked so I guess I had a bad LED. (Not a huge issue) But now the RGB LEDs remain red. I went through the forum and found another person with that issue so I tested all the test points and caps. All Vin points show 12v, all VCC are at 5v and all 170v test points read 170v. I tested polarity at ground and they are all good. So before I attempt to see how good my engineering skills are I thought I would reach out to you and see if you had any other places I should test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #8019 by Ian
Hi, please try a factory reset (hold the button down while powering on). The LEDs should flash through all colours rapidly, and then go into the startup routine (cycle RGB colours, like in this clip:

I am thinking that perhaps the clock has gone past the startup routine and gone to the default "run settings" or RGB LEDs showing red.

If you don't see the startup routine like it is shown in the clip, then we can look at the results (e.g. red channel always on means a problem on the red circuit).
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaznatr

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #8026 by chaznatr
That fixed it and it showed me I accidentally connected my reset button incorrectly. Thank you very much.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #8036 by Ian
Thanks for letting me know that you are good now... :)

Glad to hear that it worked.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com