Classic Rev4 could not reach HV target ...?

• nixie-N00b
  • nixie-N00b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • lass mich, ich kann das! ... oh, kaputt :/
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #7999 by nixie-N00b
Hi there,

i got this prob:

i finished the nixie classic clock (rev 4), as tubes i use IN-14 tubes, as separators 2 INS-1 bulbs, firmware is V48.
when the clock comes up after power-on, it seems they need more than 5 or 8 times to get the HV target when the LDR get not so much light to open full. i bridged it with a toggle-switch to use a manual potentiometer for dimming and set it at "full brightness" for startup -> same issue. when the clock is dimming in the night times, i see the digits as ghosting also, the clock dimm the dark, after 6 or 7 seconds it will rise up again as ghosts. also it hapens, when the LDR is unplugged.

changing the complete board with controller for a new with new components did not change anything of the issues.
also after factoryreset the board(s) the issues was not gone, the HV starts to crackle as hell and the mosfet gets really hot. i could touch it but not for more then 5 seconds.

the once what ist working about the ghosting and crackling was setting the PWM-Time shorter around 90 - 110.
but in this the HV gets crazy again and fell down again and again (the whole clock starts new, doesnt matter if LDR or manual dimming was working).

what could the reason of this be?

the power-plug got 12V 600mA, should it be better to use another one, may 12V 1A?

and finally: can i use IN-14 in this clock? or must i use the all-in-one-clock to drive IN-14s??

regards, sven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nixie-N00b
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #8005 by nixie-N00b
hi @all, i guess i got it: the power-plug was scrap. after changing it, the clock works without problems.

regards, Sven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

More
6 months 1 day ago #8021 by Ian
Yes, I should mention that in the manual, this is not the first time that it happens...

:-/

More
4 months 6 days ago #8126 by andydtuned
what plug did you end up using?

• nixie-N00b
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
4 months 6 days ago #8129 by nixie-N00b
Hi andy,
so i need to run remote-LED-controller and clock also from this i decide for a 12V 600mA plug.
(when i use more (12V 1A) the whole clock and LEDs glow like hell ^^)

regards, sven

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com