Nixie Tube Incompatible

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #7944 by chronius
Hello,

I bought the kit and realized that the nixie tubes are not directly compatible with the kit connector. Is it possible to adapt it in any way to be able to use the tubes that I have in the kit?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #7954 by BS_Jim
I'll assume you have an All-in-One or a Modular kit. While you could create an adapter board and make 6 of them, the hardware and time involved would hardly be worth it unless you have a lot of those tubes and plan on making more kits with them. Much easier to just buy a set of IN-14's on Ebay and save the others for another clock like the Classic kit.

More
4 months 1 week ago #7961 by Ian
Just as a follow up for this: Offline I sent the IN-14 holder design in Kicad, so that suitable holders can be created. :)

More
3 months 1 week ago #8006 by judge
For tubes that have pins (as opposed to wires/flying leads) I would recommend you build a 'socket' using some of these . These will fit the pins on your tubes, you can get them in smaller quantities and the vendor provides recommended hole sizes for PCBs.

I have an adaptor for these tubes on OSHPark , but not for Ian's hardware (they are for breadboards). If you need footprints, I can provide them for Eagle and KiCAD.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com