Clock loses I2C connection with ESP8266

More
7 months 1 week ago #8089 by Vinamp
Hi Jim.

I've just bought a arduino starter kit in China, and will dive in to the world of arduino. Will let you know how it "ends"

Vincent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #8139 by lays
I tried several esp-01 modules, with debug enabled and on 160MHz. Some seem to work, others dont.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #8140 by lays
Reflashed 1 of the esp-01, which now seem to be okay. I also noticed reflashing with arduino ide dierbaar doesnt overwrite current flash, (Wi-Fi info stayed intact, connected automaticly with nu router) had to reflash with espressive tool first then with arduino ide.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #8141 by Stackerlee
I've also tried erasing the ESP8266 with Espressive Flash Download Tool before flashing with Arduino IDE since I noticed the flash wasn't erased. Unfortunately I've got the same results (losing I2C connection). Same thing with new, previously blank chips.
However enabling DEBUG in code always works for me. Can't say why though. 80 or 160 MHz doesn't seem to make any difference.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #8142 by Vinamp
I´ve flashed the esp8266 (with the usb espflasher) and edited line 24 and changed the debug.
So far it seems to work, and not loosing connection.

But now all the changes I make in Clock setting (thru my webbrowser) keeps resetting to 0
If I change for example the Green intensity to 10 and click on Set, number 10 goes back to 0 in the webbrowser.
And that goes for all values in the Configure Clock settings section.
The changes are working on the Clock itself, it's only awkward that I need to change all values on that page before I can make some changes.
The behaviour of the tiny blue led on the esp8266 board is not matching the discription of the manual after the flash.
It blinks very short in the beginning when it connects to the router, and then it stays out...
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Vinamp.

More
6 months 1 week ago #8152 by Ian
Please check that you are using the right version of the ESP code to match the clock code you have. Things like this usually happen in the I2C protocol between the ESP and the Atmega are not aligned.

More
6 months 1 week ago #8157 by Vinamp
That did the trick, went back from 1.06 to 1.04 esp firmware, the one that was on it when I bought it from you.
So far it seems to work with the debug on.
Except for the little blue led on the wifi board, it doesn't flicker ones a second when connected to the router.
The blue led works fine, when the debug_off line is present.

Strange was also that after the flash all the settings (password, time server) where still in it, and not back to default!

More
6 months 1 week ago #8158 by lays
Vinamp 1.06 seems to work but with debug on. If you first erase and then flash it with the expressive tool all settings will be lost.

More
6 months 1 week ago #8159 by Stackerlee
Back in this thread I've written which versions works and doesn't work (for me). At least for me it is clear that something is introduced in newer versions that causes this problem.
The blinkning of the blue led is changed when debug = on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vinamp

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com