What Has Become of Jeff??

More
3 years 8 months ago #6130 by Ty_Eeberfest
Does anyone have any news of Jeff "NixieChron" Thomas, one of this forum's founding members?

His friend Eric Goodchild's YouTube channel posted a video today with a description that makes it sound very much like Jeff is dead. But no explanation or anything given...

Jeff's web site seems to have disappeared.

Jeff is (was?) not all that old, and was posting videos on YouTube as recently as June 14th 2014.

If any of you have any solid info on what has become of Jeff, please post a follow-up in this thread. Just the facts please!

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #6133 by Mr.Nixie
hhm, try to mail him: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
3 years 8 months ago #6136 by Ty_Eeberfest
Thanks for the address - mail sent.

Mr.Nixie wrote: hhm, try to mail him: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #6139 by kay486
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Ty_Eeberfest. Reason: trying to fix busted link

More
3 years 8 months ago #6140 by Ty_Eeberfest
Well, that answers it - Jeff is no more. Sad news indeed. I didn't know him as well as many of the members here but did have some excellent constructive discussions with him and feel like I really liked and respected him.

R.I.P. Jeff

More
3 years 8 months ago #6143 by stocknic
:( :( :(

Jeff was the reason I got into this hobby to start with...I bought several of his clocks, including one of the 'commemorative nixie clocks' as a kit back in 2002 or thereabouts....his untimely passing really gave me pause.

He was a very generous guy with his time and contributions to the nixie tube community at large...even though I only conversed with him via email over the last 12 years or so, I will miss him.

Nick

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #6144 by Ty_Eeberfest
Here is the reply I received to the email I sent to Jeff's address before I had seen the thread on neonixie-l,

Hello Ty Bryan Sailors here I am Jeff's best friend. I am sorry to tell you Jeff passed away last month due to medical condition. I am working out his families situation and have discontinued selling any nixie products. Please inform the nixie community.

Regards
Bryan Sailors

Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

More
3 years 8 months ago #6145 by stocknic
Ty, it would be great if the Estate is willing to share Jeff's nixie stuff (PDF's/programs etc) with the neonixie-L group that he was a very active part of. What do you think?

More
3 years 8 months ago #6146 by Ty_Eeberfest

stocknic wrote: Ty, it would be great if the Estate is willing to share Jeff's nixie stuff (PDF's/programs etc) with the neonixie-L group that he was a very active part of. What do you think?

I'm personally not going to pursue this but if you want to you can email me and I'll give you Bryan Sailors' address and you can talk to him.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com